Kids’ Yoga Summer Camp
Dear Camp Parents and Caregivers,
Hope you’re staying well and safe.
April 21, 2020
We wanted to update you on our thoughts about Yoga Camp for this summer.
First, we want to assure you that we have set aside all funds received from registrations, in savings. You can request a full refund at any time.
Here are our ideas about the summer (we are interested in your thoughts and ideas as well):
It would not be possible to have safe social distancing for the size of our camp and bus rides. We are especially concerned about the youngest group, the Ganeshas, who are usually kinder and first grade. If we do have camp onsite, we think it would be best not to attempt to work with kids under first grade. They can’t keep their hands to themselves and need too much help with clothing, food, etc…We don’t feel that we could keep them completely safe. We could do an online version of camp for our youngest campers.
If the state decides that it is ok for some groups to meet:
1. We have talked about splitting camp into half days with one group coming in the morning from 9 am till noon and the other group in the afternoon from 1 pm till 4 pm. This would mean 3 groups of about 8 kids each. We would take temperatures at the beginning of every day and kids should not come if not feeling well. This would be strictly enforced. We would most likely have all kids and staff wear masks throughout the day. We would prefer to wait until there are no new cases in the Boulder area. So, we might not start in early June as planned. We could look at extending into August to make up for that.
We’ve been preparing an online camp. We have already made multiple yoga, art and mindfulness videos to supplement live interaction online. Many of these are available now on our Facebook camp page as we are seeing that parents need extra help Now. These are free resources:
Eldorado Yoga Camp Facebook
2. If parents wanted to sign up for a week-long online camp, we would mail a full box of supplies: Yoga Camp t-shirts, beads and string for bead animals, macramé supplies, weekly crafts like wooden bears or goats to paint, make your own stuffie supplies, maybe sketchbooks and a set of watercolors. Online camp would be at a much-reduced price. We would need to cover supplies and staff for daily interaction, but we would not be making bus trips to the pool… There would be live teachers every day and live online classrooms. Whether or not parents choose this option, we still want to support you through the summer with online yoga classes and simple crafts. We may need to do some drop-in fees for art classes or other programs. We think online camp would be from 9 am till noon with the ability to do the craft projects in the afternoon and do a daily hike or outside activity with your family in the afternoon.
3. Postpone until next summer. If parents want to use their payments for a guarantee of having their kids in camp next year, that is an option as well. We expect we will need to raise prices a little next year but yours would not go up.
4. Refunds, anytime between now and next summer. If you want a full refund, it’s there for you. As I said, we have saved all registrations in a special account. You can request a full refund at any time.
5. Eldorado Yoga Ashram is financially secure. We will not go out of business. We can live a long time in a simple way growing most of our vegetables and eating lots of rice and beans. We will be here for you when the pandemic is over.
6. Last thoughts: Most of our staff are young and very healthy. I am the art teacher and founded Yoga Camp 16 years ago and I’m 65 now. While I think I would be ok if I caught the virus, my husband is 72 with health issues. I would not be able to work camp in person this year in order to protect him. I do intend to fully participate with art demos and online teaching as a segment of online camp or if we can do physical camp at some point, I would be a virtual presence.
The health of your kids and family are of paramount importance to us. We want to be here to support your safety. You can begin using some of our online resources now as you reflect on what is best for your family:
It’s fine if you want to wait and see or if you choose to skip this summer. All our love,
Eldorado Yoga Kids Camp
– – –
Offering 8 week-long day camps for ages 5 – 12
Monday through Friday 9am to 3pm
Kids and pre-teens will have a blast at our fun-filled 5-day camps for kids at the Eldorado Mountain Yoga Ashram in Eldorado Springs.
Our program offers a fun, focused camp adventure on a meadow nestled at the foot of Eldorado Mountain, 10 minutes south of the city of Boulder.
In a beautiful, natural setting they will enjoy a free-spirited yoga arts and nature camp that integrates the wonderful body/mind/heart benefits of Hatha Yoga with traditional summer camp activities including: music, hiking, arts and crafts, swimming, and games.
Yoga and meditation techniques infuse all camp activities. As a result, kids and teens come home feeling nourished and balanced. Our staff of dedicated long-term yoga practitioners and meditators offers a high teacher to camper ratio.
2020 Camp Dates
Week 1: June 1-5
Week 2: June 8-12
Week 3: June 15-19
Week 4: June 22-26
no camp the week of June 29-July 5
Week 5: July 6-10
Week 6: July 13-17
Week 7: July 20-24
Week 8: July 27-31