Level 1 200-Hour Teacher Training
Winter/Spring 2018 Training Dates
200 Hour Fall 2018 Training Dates
Classic Format: September 8-December 8, Saturdays 9am-5:30pm, Tuesdays/Wednesdays 5:30-8:30pm and two Sundays 9:00am-5:30pm (Sunday dates TBD)
Module 1: Learn the foundations of 45 asanas, pranayama and Shambhava meditation techniques. Explore anatomy and safety-based alignment. Practice teaching begins day 1.
Module 2: Digs deeper into your understanding of the asanas, learn how to creatively compose a class and advanced techniques including: training in hands-on assists, verbal cueing, and more. Shambhava meditation, ethics, philosophy, and teaching styles are topics continually explored throughout the training.
Through Shambhava meditation practices, you learn to reach deeper inside and teach from a place of clarity and depth.
When the training ends, you will have taught a full one hour class with feedback. Your skills will have your prepared to teach immediately upon graduation.
This foundational course is a prerequisite for the 300-hour training.
- Essential teaching methods including effective cuing, pose/counterpose and vinyasa principles, how to compose a class, and introduction to adjustments
- Emphasis on practice teaching from day one
- Conscious asana and pranayama with healthy biomechanics and modifications for every body
- Meditation practices to bring clarity, focus and the release of psychic tension
- Yoga philosophy with study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras, yogic lifestyle, and ethics of teaching yoga
- Practical anatomy to help you teach safely and knowledgeably
- Basic Sanskrit for yoga teachers
- Final project – Creative Class Outline. Complete the training with yoga class plans in hand to begin teaching!
The investment for our 200-Hour Teacher Training is $2400. $700 deposit required upon registration. Up to $300 discount is possible for registration before and up to 3 weeks prior to starting date. See our specials and payment plans page for more details.