200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
2018 Training Dates
Winter/Spring 200 Hour Training Dates
January 12-April 20. Saturdays, 9am-5:30pm, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 5:30-8:30pm. Two Sundays dates TBD 9am-5:30pm
Module 1: Learn the foundations of 45 asanas, pranayama and Shambhava meditation techniques. Explore anatomy and safety-based alignment. Practice teaching begins day 1.
Module 2: Dig deeper into your understanding of the asanas, learn how to creatively compose a class and advanced techniques including: training in hands-on assists, verbal cueing, and more. Shambhava meditation, ethics, philosophy, and teaching styles are topics continually explored throughout the training.
This 200 Hour Training is a prerequisite for the 300 Hour Training.
- Essential teaching methods including effective cuing, pose/counterpose and vinyasa principles, how to compose a class, and introduction to adjustments
- Emphasis on practice teaching from day one
- Conscious asana and pranayama with healthy biomechanics and modifications for every body
- Meditation practices to bring clarity, focus and the release of psychic tension
- Yoga philosophy with study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras, yogic lifestyle, and ethics of teaching yoga
- Practical anatomy to help you teach safely and knowledgeably
- Basic Sanskrit for yoga teachers
- Final project – Creative Class Outline. Complete the training with yoga class plans in hand to begin teaching!
The investment for our 200-Hour Teacher Training is $2400. $700 deposit required upon registration. See our specials and payment plans page for more details regarding discounts!