200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Module 1: Learn the foundations of 45 asanas, pranayama and ShambhavAnanda meditation techniques. Explore anatomy and safety-based alignment. Practice teaching begins day 1.
Module 2: Dig deeper into your understanding of the asanas, learn how to creatively compose a class and advanced techniques including: training in hands-on assists, verbal cueing, and more. ShambhavAnanda meditation, ethics, philosophy, and teaching styles are topics continually explored throughout the training.
This 200 Hour Training is a prerequisite for the 300 Hour Training.
- Essential teaching methods including effective cuing, pose/counterpose and vinyasa principles, how to compose a class, and introduction to adjustments
- Emphasis on practice teaching from day one
- Conscious asana and pranayama with healthy biomechanics and modifications for every body
- Meditation practices to bring clarity, focus and the release of psychic tension
- Yoga philosophy with study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras, yogic lifestyle, and ethics of teaching yoga
- Practical anatomy to help you teach safely and knowledgeably
- Basic Sanskrit for yoga teachers
- Final project – Creative Class Outline. Complete the training with yoga class plans in hand to begin teaching!
The investment for our 200-Hour Teacher Training is $2400. $700 deposit required upon registration. See our specials and payment plans page for more details regarding discounts!
Go to the Online Yoga page to take class with your training leaders, Mokshana, Lilavati, and Jatila.
– 200-Hour 2020 Fall Training
October 17-April 17. Saturdays 9:00am-6:30pm, and three Sundays
- Initial payment at time of registration is $700. Training total cost is due by the end of Module 1.
- See our cancellation policy for details regarding refunds for payments made beyond initial payment.