Level 1 200-Hour Teacher Training
The journey begins with the 200-Hour Level 1 Yoga Teacher Training.
The first half of the training builds the foundation. The curriculum includes the basics of safe and effective asana practice, anatomy, teaching methodology, pranayama and an in-depth study of 45 fundamental asanas.
The second half of the training digs deeper and includes training in hands-on assists, verbal cueing, and more. Shambhava meditation, ethics, philosophy, and teaching styles are topics explored throughout the training.
Through Shambhava meditation practices, you learn to reach deeper inside and teach from a place of clarity and depth.
When the training ends, you will have the tools you need to bring the practice into your life, and to help others do the same.
This foundational course is a prerequisite for the 500-hour training.
- Essential teaching methods including effective cuing, pose/counterpose and vinyasa principles, how to compose a class, and introduction to adjustments
- Emphasis on practice teaching from day one
- Conscious asana and pranayama with healthy biomechanics and modifications for every body
- Meditation practices to bring clarity, focus and the release of psychic tension
- Yoga philosophy with study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras, yogic lifestyle, and ethics of teaching yoga
- Practical anatomy to help you teach safely and knowledgeably
- Basic Sanskrit for yoga teachers
- Final project – Creative Class Outline. Complete the training with yoga class plans in hand to begin teaching!
The investment for our 200-Hour Teacher Training is $2400. Up to $300 discount is possible for registration before and up to one month prior to starting date.