Intermediate Teacher Training, Deep Roots: Hips and Lower Body
This training awards 60 Hours towards a 300-Hour ShambhavAnanda Yoga Certification. You may also apply these hours toward continuing education units (CEUs) with the Yoga Alliance.
A 200-hour training with ShambhavAnanda Yoga or comparable 200-hour level training registered with Yoga Alliance is a prerequisite for this course.
- Approaches and modifications for intermediate asanas with a focus on the pelvis and lower body including deep hip openers and intermediate balance postures
- Therapeutic and restorative asanas to address areas of restriction and common imbalances
- Anatomy of the hip, leg, and low back
- Teaching skills for intermediate and multi-level classes
- Develop intermediate classes to teach from upon completing the training
- Pranayama practices that explore the breath as a gateway to deeper states of consciousness
- Philosophy topics include subtle body anatomy, the chakras and nadis
- Meditation practices to deepen subtle body awareness
- Small group projects and teaching practica